Who is Involved
Our Wilder Research homeless study team works closely with homeless service providers to obtain counts of all homeless people staying in some type of shelter that evening, and to help us coordinate interviews with the guests at these shelters. We also partner with service providers and homeless outreach workers to conduct interviews at drop-in service locations, such as Homeless Connect events, and to conduct street outreach.
We use trained volunteers to conduct the interviews. In 2018, we had about 1,200 interviewers spread out across nearly 400 locations statewide.
The Homeless Study Team
Reservation study director: Nicole MartinRogers
Special thanks to our funders!
- Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- Pohlad Family Foundation
With additional support from:
- Blandin Foundation
- Family Housing Fund
- F.R. Bigelow Foundation
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund
- Hennepin County Office to End Homelessness
- Minnesota Department of Corrections
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Northwest Area Foundation
- Ramsey County
- Saint Paul and Minnesota Foundations
- The Minneapolis Foundation
For information on how you or your organization can provide financial support, please contact Michelle Decker Gerrard.